Friday, May 4, 2007

My Trip to Italia

 

Status: upset/hurt...sorting it out later.
Entertainment: Music Videos

Hey Lovies! I'm back from the pasta country! It was a great trip.
One thing I was pleasantly surprised about was TrenItalia, their trains...they are really comfortable, nice, clean and the people who work on them (what is the correct term? haha) are quite friendly and really helpful and care about their passengers. It was really nice.
Most of the time I was in Milan, the city itself is gorgeous. Its just all those wonderful old European buildings everywhere. I love that style so I took pictures of nearly everything! Their main cathedral, Duomo, is Gothic/medieval...like all famous cathedrals haha, which is also an architectual love of mine. Milan has some cute shops, I did in fact fall in love with one store and bought a cute shirt and jean skirt there. A lot of the stores were closed due to the May holidays (in many European countries May 1st is a big holiday) but it was still nice to go and look.
Milan is not the center for food as I learned but three things I did enjoy were gelato (of course!), their coffee..it was such heaven, and their wine. The people in Italy are soooo friendly and nice and, well I'm going to be honest here, BEAUTIFUL! Men and women. Amazing. and the language, its so amazing. I was actually able to pick it up pretty quick,partially because I tried to speak Italian at ever opportunity and secondly because its similar to french so it stuck.
One day we went to Genova which is also very old and beautiful but very different. Its on the coast and extremely hilly so it resembles California a bit. We went to an aquarium there, just because haha.
On my last day I went to Teatro La Scala to watch a class and rehearsal. I didn't like the class much, I wont get into details why but if you'd like feel free to ask and I'll tell you (...meaning bunheads out there haha) why, in depth. Rehearsal was interesting for a few reasons. It was Nureyev's Sleeping Beauty and you all know I'm not a fan of his choreography so it was well, different haha but the dancers worked really hard. The company is much weaker than Vienna, individual dancers and as a whole, but they dance much cleaner. I also saw one dancer tear her Achilles...which Ive never seen before so...it was just interesting because Ive heard so many stories of how it happens and boom, there it was.
Overall the trip was nice, I definitely don't regret going. I wrote a lot in Italy, I don't know if that's because I was suddenly inspired or because I didn't have my computer but either way I'm just glad I'm back to writing, I missed it so much. I think its just therapeutic to be in beautiful cities with so much energy in them. Milan definitely prepared me for my next adventure...I'm definitely ready to go.

Pictures @ http://community.webshots.com/user/SKonstanceU

Me